Sunday, October 24, 2010

Work Hard, Play Hard

Sorry it's been a couple of weeks, devoted readers. It's for a good reason though; I'm working tons, which during shoulder season (in between the summer and winter, notoriously quiet in town) is a rarity. I'm helping out at another restaurant on my days off, because approximately half of their current staff have taken the opportunity to fly free to India, Ottawa, South America, and Australia, in the midst of all the "Not Making Money" time. As a result, I am working 8 shifts per week, and my last full 24 hours off was the 11th of October. My next day off will be this Thursday...

when I shall board a plane bound for Las Vegas, Nevada, for the first time in my life. Oh, and I'll be there for the Hallowe'en weekend.

Once again: Hallowe'en. In Vegas.

Here's the story: I got home from watching the Leafs lose to the New York Rangers on Wednesday 20th (my 5 year anniversary in Whistler incidentally), turned on Facebook, and got a message from Seb; who, you may recall, joined me in Montreal this summer.

What are you doing for Hallowe'en this year? Whatever it is, f**k it, let's go to vegas. Seriously, let's do this.

Not 48 hours later, I have the time booked off work, and my ass booked onto a Philippine Airlines non-stop flight to the desert. So guess what? I'm gonna try and write again! This time as often as this city of insanity will allow, though please don't be offended if little or nothing comes about; it just means I'm having a great time. Or I inadvertently got a job, and as such am unable to leave.

Let's have some fun.

By The Way: Google Hallowe'en in Vegas to understand why I may not survive this trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment