Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Shameless Self Promotion! With pretty girls!

So the other day, I got it in my head that I haven't written in a while. Like with a pen and paper (that's what we did before the Internet, kids!) So I grabbed an as-yet unused notebook and started making a bit of a to-do list for Whistler. Ostensibly this was just to get back to the roots of my writing and to post whatever spilled out here.

BUT: it just kept coming. I'm now 10 chapters deep into the rabbit hole, and I can't see daylight in front of me. So let's make this a thing.

I'm writing a book.

It's scary. The prospect of failure always is. (Ha, I mis-spelled "failure" there and almost posted it. Irony.) But rest assured, this is something that could really take off. I've told a fair few people about it, and once it's done I'll be looking for a publisher. Luckily the artistic community in Whistler is both tight knit and supportive so we'll see how this plays out.

In Other News, you guys should totally check out my friend Nina's fashion blog. She's trying to get a sweet gig and all she needs is for you to "like" her page in this link. She's frightfully pretty, she's from the bustling mecca of Port Dover, Ontario, and rumour has it when she has alone time with her boyfriend, she calls out my name! (Her boyfriend may or may not be named Aaron as well... Of course he's an awesome guy!) Then, once you've all been wonderful people and helped her score this dream job, you can see what all the fuss is about here. Thanks folks.

By The Way: You seem like trendy people. Albums I'm feeling at the minute: Mingus Ah Um (Charles Mingus), Let Them Talk (Hugh Laurie), and Rise Ye Sunken Ships (We Are Augustines). The last one there was reviewed by a pretty talented guy here.

2 comments: